Update October 26th 2020
The Covid-19 incident of October 23rd was contained. Alle students and staff members were testet the same day and all tests turned out negative.
Update October 23rd 2020
One Pre-IB student who is also a boarding school student is now tested Covid-19 positive.
The instructions from the health authorities are to send home the pre-IB classes, and that all the boarding school students must stay in their rooms. This measure should be enough to isolate and contain the spread of the virus, so that the rest of the school life may continue.
All boarding school students and staff are being tested this Friday afternoon.
All boarding school students are to remain in their rooms until we have test results and receive further instructions from the health authorities.
All IB classes are cancelled today. As of Monday we expect classes to be conducted online in the pre-IB and IB classes.
If any non-boarders experience the slightest symptoms, please isolate yourself and contact your doctor.
Non-boarders – please contact Head of School Helene Bendorff Kristensen, if you are taking a Covid-19 test.
Please stay updated for messages about the development on Lectio
Guidelines at Grenaa Gymnasium
1. Keep a distance of 1 meter to the next person, 2 meters when shouting, singing etc.
2. Wash your hands, or sanitize them – thoroughly – very often and ALWAYS before and after eating.
3. Clean your place at a table before you sit down. Use the cleaning alcohol and paper in the class rooms.
4. Stay with your classmates – don’t mix with other classes at school.
5. Have breaks outside, or in your classroom. Common areas like the canteen and study areas may also be used, but sit in groups consisting of people from your class.
6. Wear a face mask if you cannot keep social distancing – ask at the office or the caretakers, if you don’t have your own with you.
7. STAY HOME, IF YOU ARE ILL (EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT ILL) – book a Covid-19 test, if you have symptoms of the Corona virus and don’t come to school before your doctor has told you it is ok.
8. INFORM the school immediately, if you have tested positive for Covid-19!
9. Bring ear-phones to school, so you can participate in online lessons/work if needed!
Helene Bendorff Kristensen, Head of School